Monday, November 4, 2013


Hello!!!!
How is everything?? Seems like there are some fun projects going on at home! I feel like you are just about to experience summer but that already happened... OHH and I remembered that there were birthdays that I missed!!! LILIA Harley and HANNAHs birthdays! Happy Birthday!!!!! Thank you lilia for the letter!!!! so awesome haha.
I just read Jennies email small and thats so crazy, Awesome Miracles and its just different to think about the different missions we are on. Our mission president tells us to focus on families because everyone wants to here the gospel and investigate but first we are building the branches.

 I'll give a story that happened Thursday to show how much different it is.. So on Tuesday there was an accident in my area where a yellow school bus hit a motorbike rider and killed him, so the motorbike riders burned the bus.. Now the police have been arresting bike men and taking their bikes so on Thursday we were teaching a man named Moses. At the beginning like 20 bike men rode past quick then 3 trucks full of police chased after them. It caused plenty noise but brought out a bunch of people out of there buildings and brought them over to us. Within about 5 minutes of starting the lesson there were about 13 men listening to us asking question and a bunch of others in the distance listening to us teach and answer questions haha they finished all of our pamphlets. 

The lesson before that one was so great too.. It was one man that said this is what he has been waiting for, the best part of it was that it was IN a house AND... There was CARPET!!!!! The first time ive felt carpet in Liberia.. I really wanted to lay down on it but im sure that wouldnt have been a good idea haha Ohh Carpet... Long time-o!

 On sunday we had 6 awesome investigators come to church that are all Priesthood age which is perfect since our goal is to split the branch and bring one to our area. Another great thing that happened this week was part of my Blessing being fulfilled. We were talking to the Zeahn family yesterday and they said I know two white men that can work super hard, Elder Dahlin and Elder Applebee. Elder Applebee is from Australia and returned home over a year ago and that family has seen so many white missionaries. It really made me happy to hear someone say that I could work harder than any other Elder they know. Not that that is true but its good to know im not lazy haha
Mission council was great. We learned a lot about the things we need to be doing as zone leaders and the example we need to set. It is great to work along with President and to hear his goals and to just know them. They really remind me of you guys and so I always love to be around them. He has set some great standards to live by and to become and im excited to transform our area into an area that he wants it to be.
Alright well I love you guys and am glad to hear about home. Make sure to go swimming for me.. :( I will learn how to cook some Liberian dishes so when I get home you all WILL eat them.

Love,
Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment