Monday, November 11, 2013


Hello!
Im freaking out right now! Manchester England!!!!!!!!!!!! wow.. SO CRAZY!!!! well thats just awesome mann,. and yeah other missionaries, cool stuff.. haha
Well now im thinking about that haha but seminary is a hard one for everyone to feel the spirit. My only advice I can give is just a part of Preach My Gospel that I know works, is asking inspired questions. I always hated asking Liberians some questions because they would go off and talk too much but when I learned how to control is and know even better questions to ask the lesson became less about me teaching and letting them take in as much as possible. Lessons would be different but it was great because you get to know them on a more spiritual level.
And yes I plan to come to Africa to hunt! I was thinking if I wanted to end up farming I would possibly do business with him too! 

So this week was an interesting week. Not an easy one but so rewarding. On thursday we had a leadership training we had to go to and a service project and a church activity so it was a full day of traveling and running around. Not only did the bike men burn the bus but other vehicles and they also beat some cops up too so they police have really enforced that no bike is allowed on the main roads.... 

So our leadership training was in a new chapel in congo town so none of us had been there before. Traveling was so bad and you have to fight your way in a taxi and so its near impossible to find seats for 3 Elders in one taxi. When we got transport we passed the place. We ended up finding it but showing up late. Afterwards I laughed though because all that was going through my head was "WHERE IS 60B!!" I forget the movie name. Hannah will know haha so crazy. 

Then on saturday we had a meeting with the District presidency again and all we did that whole day was go to one meeting because traffic was so bad.. Anywas we had some great lessons and some less actives we taught ended up coming to church!

 Im really excited for christmas even though transfer news happens on the 22nd so that means for christmas I could be with completely new people. We just got transfer news and so I am staying which means by the end of this one ill have been in this area for 7 months. 

Not to be asking for  things but my watch broke about about 5 months ago... Not that a watch is important but if you happen to send a package I would love a watch. Just a cheap watch. Also if you want to send the trans siberian orchestra of their christmas music I wouldnt mind either!
Mom I think a few weeks ago you asked if there were still mosquitoes here. There are always a good amount especially where I live and we always sleep under nets. Can you imagine sleeping outside of a net! that would be so cool. Well I love you all and hope you have a great week!
love,
Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment