Monday, March 4, 2013

Hey Mom!
When you guys get better I get sick! I wasnt doing too good tuesday
but it only lasted a day! :) yeah after that email it got harder
because the language and im talking more and more trying to learn. Im
reading a lot of the book of Mormon and its so awesome!! Yeah the
pouch is the best for me I think but not for you guys to send... so
yes I need a lot of US stamps please!! Thats so expensive!! I hope it
gets here fine!! I might be waiting a few months but ohh well it will
get here. Well I cant send a picture!!! maybe maddie has one that she
could send you guys :)

Ok so cooking we cook our own food and we always always have rice and
pepper and oil.. I buy two loaves of bread a day and I usually make
some milk from powder haha we went into town once and I saw icecream!
ohh mann it looked so good hahaha so my companion is Elder Nabende and
in our apartment is Elder; ayim, osayi, ngobi, and nyako. Yup im the
only white guy. haha i dont notice it too much though until I go to
the other apartment and we start talking about american things. its
nice sometimes haha lets see... ive eaten fufu? which is ROTTEN
cassava!! they leave it out in water for 3 days until it gets rotten
haha it smelt so bad haha ohh well ill eat whatever. I ate another
chicken foot and thats about it for the weird food.. just mainly rice!

Washing clothes takes some time!! we get a bucket and then a larger
bowl. fill it from our pump and just wash everything by hand! then we
hang it out to dry and when we get back from emailing and all that
good stuff its dry :)

its still really hot to me here but when it has rained I actually
used a sheet at night!! so when I get home im sure im going to be
frozen... good thing Texas has some good heat :) alright well I should
probably go... I love you guys and miss you all so much. we just had a
super pday and we watched megamind.. :(( I month down! hahaha whos
counting?

Im working hard to know the gospel and teach it :) love you!
Elias Dahlin, one of the white Africans

No comments:

Post a Comment