Monday, December 16, 2013


Hello!!!
Well im glad that you are home from Maui and everything is going well!! SOooo Austin proposed?! Quiz him hard dad! haha wow well its good to hear from home!  I guess it will be exciting to have Hannah there with two babies and then Lil coming. I made a prediction about Lilia though... She might remember it! If it makes you feel better about Christmas Decorations ive only seen one building with Christmas lights on it. Its great though because nights have been cold lately! well now its to my understanding of 'cold' since I cant remember what real cold is haha
A summer trip would be awesome!!! And that is a ridiculously hard decision! I guess id have to think about that! That would be so much fun. The only thing is that when would it be in the summer since I think I need to be at school in the spring.. I dont think a deferment for another one would be allowed since I deferred for over 2 years already..
Well this week was a crazy week.. Not as much teaching as I wished but ohh well. In the apartment we have a Branch Missionary since we dont have enough Elders right now, this morning he came up to me and told me how much he admired me and he admired me the most because the example I set and how I can lead. He said for me to keep it up since it makes him the happiest to see me and how I conduct myself. It definitely made me feel good since this week was one of the hardest weeks ive had on mission so it really lifted me up. Missionary work is great haha I love the calling ive been given as a Zone Leader since ive been able to have more work and be able to lead and help direct the work. One great experience was tuesday when we contacted six families in a row, each having at least six children. No small thing-o. Also I taught a German man!! I taught a white man!!!!!!!! So weird haha white people... Sorry for you-o to teach white people all day. 

To be learned is great but to be humble is more valuable. We teach really war torn people, I see people my age that were the war children, who have gone crazy because the drugs given to them and the people they killed during the war. Not to say that to make you see the sad things I see but to show that these people still see the affects of the war in day to day life and so they are so submissive to the things you teach them. Anyway, its been great to work with them. If I dont get a white companion this next transfer then a will officially have had no white companions for my first year on mission. Most likely I wont have a white Elder since there are only 3 others that are zone leaders.
Alright ill be teaching now.. Crazy we will be able to talk on the phone so soon!!!!!! Please dont make fun of me too much for how I speak!

Love,
Elder Dahlin


No comments:

Post a Comment