Tuesday, October 15, 2013

yeah hello!

Sounds like everything is going great at home!! Ping ping sounds like
fun. Its getting to dry season now so Im sure yall will have fun while
its getting cold! wish I could help with bringing in fire wood.

I was able to watch the Priesthood session and Sunday session of
general conference :) it was awesome! It was sad to hear about
President Monson talking about his wife.. The day before though sister
Howa called me. She is my recent convert and right now we are teaching
her mom. She called crying saying her dad died that day. On sunday we
were able to go there and talk to them both and help them understand
the plan of salvation and even the experience of President Thomas S.
Monson. I think the church came into their lives at the right time.
Its funny the little brothers all call me "Uncle Daddy". haha no no
not Darlin or Daddy but Dahlin! We will really try to bring them close
to the church.

Yeah the Aps have small time to teach people but as a zone leader you
have less time but still enough to teach a good amount. This last week
we only taught 19 lessons I think but its been pretty busy. Mainly our
duties is to look after the needs of the branches we are over and to
teach and direct the work in our zone. Which means to teach Leadership
trainings and Zone meetings and having meeting with the District
presidency.  Friday we went on an exchange with the APs and I took
Elder Skouson into my area and my companion (Elder Myaka) took Elder
Pentreath to another side. It was a lot of fun teaching with him.
Maybe after the mission we will all have to go to hawaii together...?
haha or just come over to our house.

I got the box grandma sent!!! When I saw the milk I really sat at my
desk and drank one for like 5 minutes... Milk is probably one of the
hardest things ive had to give up... Thank you grandma! I am sharing
everything! Except the milk and Nilla waffers.... haha

Thank you for telling me so much about home! its always good to hear
the projects there are getting done and how crazy it is when time
flies. Sophia wants to marry Devon and Natalie is probably going to
get married by the time I get home! "that no small thing-o".

 For mewhat happened this week is something that has never happened on
mission so far. I cant imagine serving somewhere else in the world...
On wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Maurana in his area and
we went contacting at the end of the day. We went up to a man reading
a book and tried to talk to him. He told us hes been a roman catholic
for his whole life and he didnt want to hear what we had to say. I was
kind of taken back.. "are you sure?" It was weird to hear someone not
want to listen to us. I asked if we could leave something to read and
he said no way. As we were walking away I told him this could only
bless your life... haha He said "do you not understand the meaning of
G-O" and then started yelling. I guess it happens a lot in other
countries but that was my first time. 

Another thing that happenedwhile I was on that exchange happened to my companion. He met a muslim
that lived in Sierra Leone but was prompted to leave and become a
Christian. He hadnt been in Liberia for over a week when he felt he
needed to come to the exact spot where he was contacting.. So cool
haha Ohh the work is sweet.
Alright I love you and hope you have a great week!!
Love,
Elder Dahlin

No comments:

Post a Comment